13 Amazing Family Films
- Kicking and Screaming- Soccer families? The one liners in this are endless. Giving your kids vitamins in the morning? We have BALLS!!! . . . . and VITAMINS!!! Or on the way out the door to practice, “ Meat first, then soccer!!”
- Elf - It’s a holiday tradition in our house to watch this hilarious classic the day after Thanksgiving why we put up the Christmas tree. We have the soundtrack and love to jam to Pennies from Heaven in the car. Shooby doobie.
- Wizard of Oz - Classic fun for everyone- angry trees throwing apples, flying monkeys, melting witches, singing and dancing!
- Labyrinth- Puppets, David Bowie in tight pants and disappearing babies. Mysterious, fun for all.
Some of my favorites for Hoosiers include:
- Hoosiers- classic high school hoops tale of greatness
- Rudy- Indiana college football at it’s finest
- A Christmas Story - we can all relate to Alfie’s mom not being able to sit down and enjoy her hot dinner
The older kids will love . . .
- Goonies- Truffle Shuffle!!!
- Princess Bride - If only I could answer my spouse’s request with, “As you wish.” ;)
- Parent Trap- the scene where Sharon meets her mom for the first time is a good pull on the heart strings
- Swiss Family Robinson- Riding an ostrich on the beach and pirates
- Watcher in the Woods- I love this one- scary stuff! Old creepy houses, Betty Davis and a vortex
Disney obviously gives us endless options for great family flicks, but my favorite is . . .
Ratatouille- No love story or fairy tale. A tale of overcoming a HUGE challenge and lots of hard work. And food. “Anyone can cook!” (I use this multiple times when family members look at me around meal time)
My top Mom Movies are . . .