Get Out of Dodge with the Fam: Scottsdale, AZ
I love my Hoosier roots but I miss living the desert lifestyle (former Sun Devil and 10 year Phoenix resident). So now the best thing to do is visit, enjoy and then get out of the heat!
Here are some ideas for a fun Scottsdale adventure . . .
- OdySea in the Desert – home to the Southwest’s largest aquarium (just opened last summer) – just launched a new attraction, Pangaea Land of the Dinosaurs, in November. The attraction takes children and adults back in time to the era of dinosaurs with interactive educational exhibits featuring more than 50 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, fossil excavations, face painting, sluicing activities, balloon art, etc.
- Butterfly Wonderland is one-of-a-kind and the largest butterfly atrium in North America. It is right next to OdySea in the Desert!
- The Phoenician (which is a great kid-friendly resort) has partnered with iFly to provide guests and locals with Flying Trapeze classes on the property! This is for ages 4 and up.
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park is located in the heart of Scottsdale and is the most unique park of its kind. Kids can see model trains to full-size and take a ride on 1950s carousel.
- We also have many outdoor activities such as Papago Park , which includes the Desert Botanical Garden, where kids can be a “desert detectives” and learn how plants and animals survive in desert environments.
- Rawhide- this Wild, West town is a yee-haw having, root tootling fun for the whole gang. Town Main street details here.
McDowell Sonoran Preserve, such as the Brown’s Ranch and Gateway Loop Trails are also great ways to enjoy the sunshine with easy, family friendly hiking. Experience Scottsdale's Hiking & Trail Guide is comprehensive, quick resource.
MacDonald’s Ranch is a great family-friendly and convenient option, too, for a fun Western experience. They offer horseback riding, free pony rides, a petting zoo and a gem mine!
- Spring Training - so many options for family baseball outings in the Spring with the Cactus League. Sit in the lawn, enjoy the game, sunshine and ballpark treats.
Soak up that glorious sunshine :)
Check out GoToTravelGal's picks for family adventures in San Diego, Marco Island and Pigeon Forge . . .
Post in Partnership with ExperienceScottsdale.com
Celebrating 30 Years of Promoting Scottsdale Tourism